When Xavier Mula was born, his father already had a proven career as an illustrator and designer in Spain. So, taking into account that his first toy was a pencil and that the Beatles and English pop-rock always played at home, it is not surprising the sensibility and creativity that he displays in his illustrations.
35 years later, Xavier works as an illustrator and designer for clients in fields such as advertising, press, editorials and magazines. He also works as a teacher at La Gaspar Design School in Igualada (Barcelona).
His versatile style allows him to tackle a great variety of works, but always with his predominant style: vibrant colors and an identifiable personal language.
His work has been awarded in several competitions, which stand out the Gold Laus 2014 (Spain) // Museum and the Web Award 2014 (USA) // Junceda Award 2014 (Spain) // the selection in Ibero-American Catalog of Illustration 2016 (Mexico) // Ijungle Illustration Awards 2018.
He’s a proactive, pasionated, team player and deadline-conscious person and someone who knows how to adapt to the requirements of each project.
- Bronze medal in the ÑH19 awards for the illustrations of Core business section of Forbes magazine.
- Commercial merit award winner of Ijungle Illustration awards– 2018
- A’ Design Award & Competition award in Cultural Heritage and Culture Industry Design categories for Mapping Taüll 1123 project – Italy, 2016
- Selected for VI Catálogo Iberoamericano de Ilustración, 2016 – SM Foundation, El Ilustradero y Feria internacional del libro de Guadalajara, México
- Junceda illustration award 2014 first prize on the Outreach and Science category for Mapping Taüll 1123 project – APIC Catalonia
- First prize in the Igualada city awards of graphic design 2015 – Gaspar Camps Award – Igualada. Spain
- First prize in the Municipal Library of Esparreguera Logo competition, 2014 – Esparreguera. Spain
- Pocket Gamer Bronze award for Necklace of Skulls interactive book, 2014 – UK
- Gold Laus 2014 first prize on the audiovisual category for Mapping Taüll 1123 project – ADG/FAD Barcelona
- First prize in the Museums on the Web awards 2014 with Mapping Taüll 1123 project – Baltimore ( USA )
- First prize in the Igualada city awards of digital arts 2013 – Igualada. Spain
- First prize in the Estiu Jove poster competition 2009, 2012, 2013 – Igualada. Spain
- Second prize in the “La Galera publisher” illustration competition 2012 – Bcn. Spain
- First prize in the Festes del Roser poster competition 2011 – Vallbona. Spain
- Second prize in the Martorell festival poster competition 2010 – Martorell. Spain