Xavier Mula was born in Igualada (Barcelona-Spain) in 1983, son of a illustrator, publicist and graphic designer. When he was a child, spent long time looking at his father while he drew, painted with the airbrush or cut vinyl colors to create beautiful illustrations.
He took an illustration and graphic designer formation in Gaspar Camps Art School (Igualada), La Massana Arts&Design school (Barcelona) and Francesca Bonnemaison Art School (Barcelona)
Currently, it takes almost six years dedicating professionally illustration and working for publishers, design studies, newspapers, magazines, local governments and the world of adeversiting. Besides he’s a teacher of art and design in Gaspar Camps art school since 2015.
Also, his CV includes national and international awards in illustration, among others, the recent Laus Gold 2014 (Spain), the Museum and the Web Award 2014 (USA) and the Junceda Award 2014 (Spain) or the selection at Catalogo Iberoamericano de Ilustración 2016 (Mexico). In parallel, he does and participates in numerous group and solo exhibitions around his country.
Xavier works with mixed media, usually starts his illustrations with acrylics and stamping, finishing using digital tools, to get his characteristic and own way of expression through a powerful language, always with the main purpose of transmitting by the best possible way the concept and the message of the illustration, without forgetting the beauty and appeal of his artwork.
He’s a proactive, pasionated, team player and deadline-conscious person and someone who knows how to adapt to the requirements of each project.
- Commercial merit award winner of Ijungle Illustration awards– 2018
- A’ Design Award & Competition award in Cultural Heritage and Culture Industry Design categories for Mapping Taüll 1123 project – Italy, 2016
- Selected for VI Catálogo Iberoamericano de Ilustración, 2016 – SM Foundation, El Ilustradero y Feria internacional del libro de Guadalajara, México
- Junceda illustration award 2014 first prize on the Outreach and Science category for Mapping Taüll 1123 project – APIC Catalonia
- First prize in the Municipal Library of Esparreguera Logo competition, 2014 – Esparreguera. Spain
- Pocket Gamer Bronze award for Necklace of Skulls interactive book, 2014 – UK
- Gold Laus 2014 first prize on the audiovisual category for Mapping Taüll 1123 project – ADG/FAD Barcelona
- First prize in the Museums on the Web awards 2014 with Mapping Taüll 1123 project – Baltimore ( USA )
- First prize in the Igualada city awards of digital arts 2013 – Igualada. Spain
- First prize in the Estiu Jove poster competition 2009, 2012, 2013 – Igualada. Spain
- Second prize in the “La Galera publisher” illustration competition 2012 – Bcn. Spain
- First prize in the Festes del Roser poster competition 2011 – Vallbona. Spain
- Second prize in the Martorell festival poster competition 2010 – Martorell. Spain